Do you know you can share your MTN data with your friends or close relatives? If you are looking for how to share data on MTN then you are at the right place, this post focuses on teaching you how to share your internet data bundle from one MTN sim to another.
MTN Data Share allows subscribers to share their data bundle in different sizes both in MB and GB using a simple USSD code. This service is not the same as mtn data gifting, Sharing data on MTN means transfering all or some of your active data plan from one sim to another.
So without much waste of time let’s look into it ans see the steps involve in sharing data on MTN network
How To Share Data On MTN With Transfer Code
The steps below will teach you how to share data on MTN easily with a simple USSD code
- Make sure you have an active data plan on MTN
- Dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131; to register for MTN Data Share, you will receive a unique security PIN.
- Change the default system generated MTN Data Share PIN to a new PIN by dialling *131*2*5# or by texting Change OLD PIN NEW PIN NEW PIN to 131. E.g Change 0000 1234 1234 to 131. Where 0000 is old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
- After a successful change of pin, you will need to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD menu *131*2*3# or by texting Add to 131. You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- Once you have added beneficiaries, you (the sponsor) will be able to share your available data bundle among the added beneficiaries by sending the keyword Share to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*4#
MTN Data Share Only Applies To The Plans Listed Below
The table below contains MTN data plas that you are shareable
Total Bundle (Data Plan + Data Delight) | Amount | Bundle Code | Validity
- 250MB + 125MB = 375MB | N1,300 | *109# | 30 Days
- 500MB + 250MB = 750MB | N2,000 | *110# | 30 Days
- 1GB + 500MB = 1.5GB | N3,500 | *111# | 30 Days
- 3GB + 1.5GB = 4.5GB | N6,500 | *129# | 30 Days
- 5GB + 2.5GB = 7.5GB | N8,000 | *101# | 30 Days
NOTE: WORKS FOR POSTPAID SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!
Now that you know how to transfer data on MTN, why not explore the additional resource on other networks in Nigeria below